Find us on Youtube
FOR LIVESTREAMS AND MORE!
Help CatholicCare chaplains bring comfort, faith and hope to the sick and isolated
PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY TO THE BISHOP'S GOOD SAMARITAN APPEAL.
LOCAL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
HOLY TRINITY PRIMARY SCHOOL
The Sisters of Saint Joseph have had a long history in the parish. They were founded in Granville in 1885. The first community consisted of five nuns, three of whom were teaching in a rented house used as a school.Owing to an increase in students, the order was compelled to secure a property on the corner of Woodville Road and William Street where a new convent and boarding school was built, the work beginning in 1915.
The current school building was opened in 1934. In 1943, the Sisters also opened a school in East Granville which, at that time, was still part of the Granville community. The nuns travelled to and from this school every day. In 1967, the school was placed under lay administration and in 1977, the convent was closed owing to its size and its need of repairs.
The period 1994–1995 saw a major refurbishment of the school with extensive modernisation to the existing buildings and the construction of a new library to cater for the needs of the school.
Established in 1886, Holy Trinity Primary was founded by the Sisters of St Joseph and continued under the sisters' administration until 1976 when the first lay principal was appointed. The school has seen many changes with building programs taking place in 1913, 1934, 1964 and 1995.
Holy Trinity Primary is a small school in which members of the community work hard to maintain the friendly and hospitable atmosphere. School Spirit is a high priority and parents are encouraged to build happy working relationships with members of staff.
The school is characterised by the teaching of strong Catholic Christian values and there is a strong emphasis on the teaching of living skills and courteous behaviour.
The Patrician Brothers arrived in 1942 to open their regional primary and high school, after accepting an invitation given to them by Monsignor J J McGovern (Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Parish between 1941–1953) to open a school in the parish. The school was a focal point of boys education from that point; however, the 1990s saw developments that would affect the school. These developments were the slow decline in Patrician Brothers involvement in the parish and falling student enrolments.
This prompted the Parramatta Catholic Education Office to consult with the Brothers, priests and parents about the future direction of the school. The decision was made to update the current facilities in the school and open up the school as a senior secondary co–educational school. In 1997 the school was renamed Delany College after the founder of the Patrician Brothers. The Patrician charism continues at Delany and whilst only one brother remains on staff the Province takes an active interest in supporting and encouraging Delany’s ideals.
Delany College was originally known as Patrician Brothers’ High School (Years 7–10). Established in 1942, it was one of many Patrician schools in New South Wales and throughout the world. In honour of its rich Patrician heritage, the College was named after the Patrician Brothers’ founder, Bishop Daniel Delany. In 1997 the school became a co–educational college (Years 7–12) to reflect and meet the changing needs of the community.
Delany College offers students a caring and secure environment in which to seek truth and understanding. The School Motto, "Love, Serve, Hope", reflects the College's commitment to Bishop Delany's vision as growing from the beauty and truth of the gospel.